Thursday 27 January 2011

A walk in my VFFs

What a beautiful day it has been today. This morning it was -11 degrees, but now it's only -1. The air felt so warm by comparison when I walked home from work. I soaked up the sunlight and got my daily allowance of vitamin D. With Nordic winters being so dark and gloomy, you have to take the opportunity and enjoy the sun on the few occasions it makes an appearance.


I must have been a bit distracted when I started walking, because I stepped on a stone with my heel with full force. Needless to say, it hurt a bit. Usually, when I walk in my VFFs, I land on the middle of my foot, then lower the heel. That way the whole foot absorbs the impact, and little things like stones on the ground feel more like a gentle massage on the foot and less like someone's stabbing you.


I tried jogging in them too. I increased to 1,5 km jog after last time's 1. It felt natural and easy. Well, apart from the fact that I was jogging in my thick winter jacket, jeans and with a scarf around my neck. What a sight I must have been. I can't wait till I can run the whole way home in my VFFs!

No comments:

Post a Comment