Sunday 9 January 2011

Stomach flu

I can think of better ways to spend a Saturday night than trying to keep the contents of my stomach inside it.

I started feeling funny an hour after I got home from the swimming pool, but I didn't really realise that I had the stomach flu until we sat to watch a film last night. It felt like someone was stabbing me with a knife all over my torso. Then I finally threw up. It was the beginning of a hellish night. Lying in bed was ok and didn't make me queasy, but I felt parched. As soon as I got up to get some water, the nausea came back with a vengeance. This went on all night; I drifted in and out of sleep, not really able to get comfortable. I must have had a fever too. Then this morning I moved from the bed to the sofa and got some real sleep, with my cats curled up at my feet.

Thankfully (and knock on wood now, because I'm not healthy yet), I'm now able to get up without throwing up. I've already called in sick at work. I'll probably be spending the day tomorrow watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment