Thursday 2 December 2010

Time for reflection

Not only has my throat not gotten better, now I've also got a cold. People at work have been ill with stomach flu too. The way my immune system has been lately, it's just a matter of time until it's my turn.

I have reluctantly accepted the fact that I'm going through a low period health-wise, and that training is going to have to wait until I'm better. Besides, having 49 km as my distance record gives me a psychological boost, that I'm ahead of schedule and that I can relax. I don't feel stressed about missing training this time around, but I do wish I could go for a run. The lack of training does free up some time for other (less fun) activities, like cleaning out the storage room, buying Christmas gifts and doing laundry. Also, for reflection. I've had a lot to think about the last couple of months, and no time or energy to think about it. Now is a great chance to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment