Friday 17 December 2010

Some really good news

I talked to my boss today about the possibility of working part time (80%) and having Wednesdays off. Before our meeting, I had rehearsed all the good arguments for why this is a great idea and had been ready to put up a fight if she refused to let me. Imagine my surprise when she said that she was glad that I had decided to work part time.

I am so happy about this. It is something that I really need right now, a day off in the middle of the week to recharge my batteries, relax, take a breath and live life. Life has only been about work the last few months and I've felt unbalanced, unhappy, ready to throw in the towel. This will give me time to do things that I enjoy: run, bake, read, watch films, file my nails, navel-gaze, whatever. The possibilities are endless.

I feel like a warm summer day.

Despite my elation, my foot refuses to be happy. After my foot-strengthening exercises this morning, I massaged it by rolling it on an ice-filled can. This helped a great deal with the pain; it didn't resurface until many hours later. I finally got an email from my physiotherapist saying that she was fully booked until after the holidays, so I have to do the best I can until then. That means no running, even though I get a little jealous when I see others trotting down the pavement in their reflective vests, woolly hats on. I keep telling myself that I'll be able to join them soon. In the meantime, I'm trying to put together a better banner for the blog. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment