Saturday 11 December 2010

&%"#!@ and other expletives

Looks like I'm injured.

After some internet research and a long discussion with my runner friends on Facebook, the consensus is Plantar Fasciitis. This means rest, rehab exercises, stretching, and crossing of fingers that it gets better real soon (preferably before I give up the will to live).

I've been turning a blind eye to this ailment the past 3-4 weeks. I figured that, since I was resting anyway because of my sore throat, it would just go away. I never thought this pain was serious for a second.

Yet last night at the concert, when I spent more than 3 hours on my feet in not-exactly-orthopaedic shoes, the pain was back with a vengeance and I realised just how serious it was, because I had to give up my first-row place to go and sit down.

As if my aching foot weren't enough, the concert was lukewarm. The opening band, called Avatar, came on stage on time and played some good songs. This was greatly appreciated, as it's such a buzz kill to have to wait for the main band while enduring a bad opening band.

Stratovarius then took the stage. They went through the motions, some band members more excited than others, some seemingly really really tired. The band that I was most looking forward to seeing was done with their set within what felt like ten minutes. The songs that I was looking forward to hearing felt rushed, mandatory, without soul.

Mr Kotipelto seemed very worn and tired.

Then it was time for Helloween, and we made our way to the seats. I haven't really listened to them that much, and during the first half of the show I was on the verge of falling asleep. But the second half rocked our world. They played some old classics and the crowd went wild.

The inflatable pumpkins were a nice touch. Mmmm, pumpkin pie...

We stumbled home around 00.30, overall satisfied, but with a sense of something missing. This song was playing in my head, before I finally went to bed, relieved to be able to rest my foot:


No comments:

Post a Comment