Thursday 9 December 2010

The snow novelty is wearing off

Even though I knew it had snowed the night before, I ran to work this morning (wrong choice number one). I also decided to take the long way there (wrong choice number two). So while I struggled to stay upright and keep moving forward in 20 centimetres of unploughed snow for 40 minutes, I came up with this Christmas-appropriate little gem:

(Melody: Jingle Bells)

My feet hurt, breathing's rough
Snow is all around
Why did I decide to run
When the going is so tough
Huh?

My legs ache, late for work
Should I take the bus?
Why did I decide to run?
I was such a dork.

Now it's stuck in your head, isn't it. You can thank me later.

A 6 km detour took me back to where I started from, at which point I knew I had to take the bus the rest of the way. Luckily the bus was on time, and a few minutes later I was able to run the last few hundred meters to work.

The run home was blissfully shorter and easier. The sky was clear, the moon crescent barely lighting my path. Another 4 km made the total distance run today 11 kilometres.

Tomorrow is a rest day. I am going to a concert to see these guys, whose music accompanied me in my run home today (and who are undoubtedly more gifted in the lyrics department than me):

No comments:

Post a Comment