Thursday 3 May 2012

All good things must come to an end (to make way for new good things)


After a week of rest and both the warmth of the sun and that of loved ones, we returned to Gothenburg. During that week, good food was consumed. Familiar places revisited. Books were read, legs were taken out for walks, brain was put on standby and important decisions were made for the future. And adventure was welcomed with all our hearts, though it did not always come in the form we had imagined. It found us even when we weren't looking for it, taking us by surprise and by storm.


I tested the old knee during that week, too. It seems to have nothing against me taking it for a run for a kilometre or two. My physiotherapist seems to think it's ok too – as long as I don't push it. 9 days to Göteborgsvarvet. Can I? Should I?

More details of the aforementioned adventure, photos and book reviews will be coming your way this weekend. In the immortal words of the Waterboys: ”I've much to say and I've more to tell, the words will soon be spilling from my tongue”. First, I need to get through the rest of this short work week.

3 comments:

  1. Drar en djup suck och funderar.. Hoppas du kommer på ett bra svar ;)
    Jag själv har ont i foten. På riktigt. Och vet inte var det kommer ifrån. Klarar ca halvmaran, men sen är det tufft. Vågar jag? Det återstår att se.
    Och jag ska ta mig i kragen och blogga om min jobbiga träningsångest.
    Idag fick jag till en liten lista med utmaning till dig. Om du är intresserad dvs.

    Kram och krya på dig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Välkommen hem! Du både kan och vågar säkerligen kuta Varvet men frågan är om du ska och bör...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Låter härligt! Och nu är ju våren ordentligt kommen här i Sverige oxå:) Hur känns det efter att du sprungit i knät? Blir det värre efteråt? Hoppas att i har en lindrig form av löparknä, då kanske du kan springa varvet!!:)

    ReplyDelete