Wednesday 3 November 2010

Sick

I felt it when I went running Monday evening, this feeling of dryness in the throat that often precedes a cold. I didn't pay so much attention, as it can also be a symptom of the cold autumn air.

When the chills started yesterday, however, and I could hardly cycle home from work, I knew that something was wrong. As soon as I came home, I collapsed on the sofa with a blanket, but nothing seemed to help. I was freezing. The thermometer showed a 38,7 degree fever, that later developed to a spectacular 39,2. I haven't had such high fever since I was a child. My throat hurt so much that I could hardly swallow.

So today I'm off from work. I have a ton of films to watch, which is the only upside to being sick. I'm trying not to think about all the training I'm missing. Instead I try to think about all the rest my poor ankle and foot will get, which they undeniably need. I'm not very good at listening to my body when it says that it needs rest, so it takes getting sick to take a break from running. Hopefully I'll bounce back without problems when I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment