Thursday 16 June 2011

Elsewhere

3 weeks left before I go on holiday. 3 long weeks, where I run on empty, using up the last bits of psychological strength I have left. I am tired. It's been a long, tiresome winter / spring and it's high time I took some time off. Some time to be with the ones I love. Some time to do other things than worry about work. Some time to run, read books, watch films, or just lie on a beach somewhere and listen to the sound of the waves. Live my life. Enjoy my life.


At the moment I try to concentrate on making it to the weekend. If I look too far into the future, I get overwhelmed by how many days there are left to our holiday. So I take one day at a time. One week at a time.

Today is going to be a long one. I don't even know what time I'll be able to leave work and come home. There is no running in the cards, of course, but I will take the bike to work so that I can make a quick escape afterwards.

Two days left to the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment