Tuesday 12 April 2011

Rain keeps falling on my head

I have two things to boast about today. First, I ran to work in the rain. And second, I ran home in the rain. My clothes hadn't even dried during my 10 hour work day and they were pleasantly cold when I put them on afterwards.

I might have bended the truth there a bit. There is nothing pleasant about putting on wet clothes. The only upside was that there wasn't much room for more water in them, so I could run in the rain without having to worry about my clothes soaking up even more liquid. Because I would have been soooo worried about that, had my clothes been dry.

At least I got a decent pace out of it. Usually when it rains, you're in a hurry to get out of the rain and into a dry environment. And you usually want to get out of your wet clothes and into some warm, dry ones. So an overprotective survival instinct takes over and forces you to run faster, despite your half-hearted protests that you're ”not made of sugar”.

But seriously? Rain -when there's no wind- rocks. Oxygen. Need I say more?

4 comments:

  1. Haha vet du att jag har längtat! Efter regn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AKA: Jag förstår ;)

    Nikki: I love running, even in the rain :) Though the fact that I couldn't see because of all the raindrops on my glasses made the experience slightly less enjoyable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jag tycker faktiskt om att springa i regn, när jag väl har kommit ut och när man blivit lite blöt. Det brukar vara värst innan, när man tittar ut och tänker sig hur blött och hemskt det ska vara, och precis i början när man är torr och känner varje enskild regndroppe som landar på kläderna, eller skvätter upp och tränger in i skorna.. När man väl är ute och i gång, kläderna har blivit blöta (så de nya dropparna känns inte) och kroppen varm, så brukar det vara riktigt skönt! Uppfriskande!

    Fast att dra på sig de fortfarande blöta löparkläderna måste ha varit det värsta av allt!

    ReplyDelete