Saturday 15 December 2012

Running up that hill

I was going to write a post about how uninspired I was from the moment I woke up today. How despite the great company that running with AIK's finest provides and the beautiful, enormous snowflakes that danced around our feet, I found myself counting kilometres to ensure I didn't run longer than the 21 I had decided on beforehand. How not even the music in my ears on my way home gave me the kick that I needed. Moan, complain, whine. Boohoo.




But instead I'm going to concentrate on the fact that I ran a half marathon despite the lack of enthusiasm. I ran up all the hills we came across on the outskirts of Skellefteå. I met some new people and saw new places. My knees didn't complain (much). My body was generally compliant despite the fact that it took a while before it got going this morning. And I got to snuggle with two crazy dogs that accompanied their owner on this run. All in all, I didn't do too shabby for someone so uninspired, right?

1 comment: