Thursday 13 October 2011

Tough going


My head was the size of a small planet when I woke up this morning. My eyes felt swollen and ached. A cup of coffee fixed most of that, but a feeling that something is wrong persisted all through the day. Add to that the thousand knives that have been stabbing me in the stomach for over a week, and you probably have the reason why today's run home from work went as bad as it did.

I couldn't get any semblance of flow in my running. Breathing felt forced, as if I were running a lot faster than I actually was. The whole half hour it took to get home I kept wishing it felt easier, because it was such a gorgeous autumn day and my brain wanted me to keep running forever. Or at least until sundown.


I long for the day my thigh muscle shuts up and running feels easy again.

1 comment: