Saturday 4 August 2012

Rude awakenings and making lemonade


I'm not going to dwell on the fact that I'd only slept for 4-5 hours before my run this morning. I'm not going to talk at all about the neighbour that decided that sleep is overrated and woke me up at 4.30 with loud music. After waking me up at 12.30, two minutes after I fell asleep, by having a shouting match with his friends on the balcony.

No! Instead I'm going to look at the bright side of the situation. Getting up so early meant that I could go for an early morning run, which I haven't done since last winter. I increased the running intervals from 3 minutes to 4 and lowered the pace, which – dare I say it out loud or will I jinx it?- worked perfectly. Seeing 4 (!) deer on my run was the icing on a very tasty cake.

There it is, right in the middle of the path

I had this perfect vision of finishing my run by the lake beach. I had taken a towel with me and figured that, at this early hour, I'd have the lake all to myself to swim in. Not so. Two guys were fishing on the jetty. I thought going for a swim right next to these guys while the rest of the lake was empty might send the wrong signals, so what's a girl to do? I ran on to find a nice cliff to sit on.

I found one just after a couple of minutes and got into the water. It was cold, but invigorating. But COLD. So I got out, changed into dry clothes and walked home. I could feel the blood returning to my extremities and my lips turning back into a more life-like colour. My mood got better.

2 comments:

  1. Ljuvligt! Bada efter träning är den bästa belöningen! Och jag hoppas du väckte grannarna när du kom hem. med dammsugning eller något. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jag vet tyvärr inte vilka det var som festade. Men det spelar ingen roll, jag var mindre hämndlysten efter min runda (tur för dem ;))

      Delete