Saturday 7 June 2014

Back-to-back yet again, part two

My brain has been having a party since yesterday, getting drunk on endorphins and high on vitamin D. Warm nights and hot, sunny days, beautiful girls in summer dresses and guys in shorts, jumping into the river in their underwear to escape the sun to the soundtrack of boat engines, sending waves of sunscreen scent molecules straight into my nose and making me fall in love with life.

Days like these make me consider emigrating to Jamaica or some place, where the weather is like this all the time. J says I'd get bored of it and miss the snow. LET'S GO FIND OUT SHALL WE.

After yesterday's long run, I was a little apprehensive as to how well my legs would respond to another long run today, this time with SAIK. 10 km into the run, I started wondering if I could manage a third long run tomorrow. That's how fresh my legs felt. They did get a bit more tired towards the end, but curiously enough I only realised that right after I left SAIK and turned to run back home. Coincidence? I think not. SAIK makes your legs feel fresh.

Pictured here: lots of fresh SAIK legs

It was a lovely run. Great company, high spirits, beautiful surroundings down by the river. Some of us were more adventurous than others and even jumped into the river. I wasn't feeling as adventurous so I just splashed some (lukewarm) river water on my face and arms. I needed it. The flood of sweat I was producing wasn't enough to cool me down.

Ok, so there are a few things I would miss if I emigrated to Jamaica. SAIK is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment